The skin around the eyes is extremely thin and sensitive and sometimes it is hard to keep it healthy and beautiful. Dark circles appear under our eyes because of many reasons: stress, little sleep, unbalanced diet… However, there are ways to avoid them with time. Here are a few tips and cures on how to get rid of them for good!
- Healthy Lifestyle: This is maybe the hardest one for all of you who have lots of work and things to do. Still, you can try to eat fresh fruit, yoghurt and foods which contain lots of protein like lentils, beans, beetroot, and brown rice. Also, try to sleep for about 7-8 hours and exercise occasionally for a more beautiful body.
- Cosmetic Products: Be careful with skincare products when it comes to the area around the eyes. Choose a special eye cream and never apply your face mask in this zone of your face. Apply your eye cream gently with light movements.
- Don’t understimate the power of a slice of cucumber or potato! Put a piece of either one (or even their peel) before or after sleep for about fifteen minutes for a strong moisturizing and soothing effect. Wash your eyes gently afterwards.
4. Another very useful thing to do with a cucumber is not only to put it on your eyes, but also soak the slices in almond oil for about 10 minutes and leave them on your eyes for about 15 minutes. This is a great trick for the mornings when your dark circles are especially deep.
6. Almond oil: Almond oil is great way to reduce dark circles. Apply it before you go to bed in the area under the eyes and it has a lightening, smoothing effect. Wash it off in the morning with cold water. It also gets rid of slight wrinkles, moisturizes the skin and makes it softer and brighter.