Concealer can be a woman’s best friend and it’s always there when you need it – no matter if it’s because of lack of sleep or bad pimple problem. But even if you use concealer daily, there are things you most definitely don’t know about it. Here are 7 of them:
- To erase under eye circles, darkness or puffiness, skip the cream concealer and go for a brightener to diffuse and reflect light.
- For imperfections like breakouts, scars and sunspots, look for a cream concealer in an exact skin match.
- When using cream concealer for maximum coverage, don’t use your fingers, which will deposit natural oils and thin out the coverage. Instead, pat product on skin with a synthetic-bristle concealer brush then blend away any visible edges.
- To camouflage redness use a green corrective concealer. To cover blue or purple under the eyes or over veins, use a peach corrective concealer.
- If you use a liquid or cream foundation, apply concealer after so it doesn’t get moved around or sheered out.
- You can also apply cream concealer to lids as an eye base and to lips to neutralize the natural liptone before applying color.