Body Sugaring is very similar to waxing. It’s basically a sugary mixture that is heated then cooled and applied to the area of the body that you want to get rid of hair. Strips of fabric are pressed over top then ripped off.
Before getting started: Wash well with soap and water, removing all traces of oil, makeup, deodorant and dirt. Pat dry.
- Candy thermometer (to measure temperature while mixture is heating)
- 1″ strips of cotton fabric (about 8″ to 10″ in length)
- Wooden popsicle sticks or spatula.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup honey
- juice from one half lemon (freshly squeezed)
Directions: Combine items in a large glass bowl then heat in the microwave for two minutes, stopping every 20 to 30 seconds to stir. Once it’s finished cooking, allow to cool down a bit before pouring into a glass canning jar and letting it rest till it’s at room temperature.
How To Apply:
- Lightly dust the surface with cornstarch and rub it in. Lightly is key, this will help protect the skin a bit so the paste doesn’t stick to it as much (helping lessen the pain).
- Using the popsicle sticks, slather on a thin layer in the direction of the growth then cover with cotton strips (do in batches of 3 or 4 until the entire area is covered). Rub the fabric a few times firmly (in the direction of the growth).
- Let it sit for about a minute then pull skin tight with one hand and rip each strip off quickly with the other (in the opposite direction of the growth). Reapply as needed (can reheat if it gets too cool).
And that’s it!