Today we will show you a super cute black and gold lace mini skirt inspired by the Dolce & Gabbana. Here we go:
All you need:
- 2m of black lace
- Black elastic to fit your waist
- Black thread
- A sewing machine or a little bit of time to sew by hand
1.First cut the fabric to size, roughly maxi length. And then fold over the top edge to create the casing for the waistband.
2. Using your sewing machine or by hand, sew along the edge of the doubled over fabric to secure the waistband casing. Do this for the whole length of fabric.
3.Thread your elastic through the casing. To do this sticky tape one end of the elastic to a chop stick or knitting needle and push it through – not very chic but does the trick!
4. After that sew the elastic together to create the waist, and then sew the long seam together and the hole in the waistband shut.
5. Finally pull the bottom hem of the fabric up and secure it with one handstitch just below the seam of the waistband. Do this 4 or 5 times all the way around so that you pull the skirt up to mini length with a bubble style hem.