I love the smell of freshy baked bread, but I love it even more, when it looks as awesome as the one below. Today we`ll show you how to make not only soft, tasty bread, but bread, whcih looks very good, too. What`s more – it is not a rocket science. You just need to follow the steps below and gather all the ingredients:
– 2 teaspoons dry instant yeast
– 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
– 100ml warm milk
– 500g all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading and flouring
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 150 ml warm milk (extra)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
– 100 g butter, melted and cooled
For the Glaze
– 1 egg yolk
– 2 tablespoons milk
How to prepare:
1. You will need 100 ml warm milk. Put the yeast and the sugar in it, cover with a towel and leave somewhere warm for 10 minutes
2. Sift the flour and salt in a clean bowl. Make a small well and add the already beaten eggs, together with the warm milk, vinegar, yeast mix and olive oil. Knead the dough with your hands or with a mixer, until it is not sticky. Then put it on a floured surface and knead for 10 more minutes. Put in a suitable bowl, cover with a towel and let it rise for an hour
3. Separate the dough into two even parts, then separate each of them into 4 parts. You have to have 8 pieces of dough.
4. Roll each of the pieces to get a rectangle with 3-5mm thickness. Brush cool, melted butter on each of them.
5. Put one piece of dough over another and roll. You have to end up with 4 cylindrical rolls.
6. Cut both ends of the 4 rolls. Put them aside and cut the rest of the dough into 4 triangles, as shown on the picture.
7. Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a oiled tray. Put the tolls in the middle to make a circle. Make sure you put the cut sides down. Put the triangles tightly around the circle and cover with a towel for 40 minutes.
8. Mix egg yolk with milk and brush the dough with it. It is the best time to sprinkle seasem or any other topping. Bake for 20-30 minutes, but reduce the temperature to 160C after the firts 10 minutes.
9. It already smells very good. Melt some butter and brush the reshly baked bread with it, as soon as you take it out from the oven. Cover with a towel again and wait for 10-15 minutes, before eating it.