Silver jewelry, over time, can become dull and even have black parts appear on the items.
This normally happens due to having the jewelry stored away for a long time or too much contact with heat and water (dependant on the type of silver)
We’re going to show you a way that you can make your silver jewelry look as good as new at home.
The below tutorial can be used for any type of silver.
You will need: A Bowl, Hot Water, Tinfoil, Wooden Spoon, Salt, Baking soda and Vinegar
1. Begin by boiling water over the stove or by the kettle (the water needs to be extremely hot)
2. Add the boiling water to the bowl
3. Add salt and baking soda to the bowl of boiling water
4. Cover the bowl with a piece if tinfoil
5. Now slowly add some vinegar to the bowl
6. Use a wooden spoon to ensure all the ingredients are mixed together well (dont use a silver spoon as this can become very hot and burn your hands whilst mixing)
7. Now add your jewelry to the bowl and allow the items to soak well.
You will begin to see the old, black parts of the jewellery lift right off. Leave as long as required and voila, your jewellery is like new again!