Wow! This is a beautiful look for the summer and of course unique!
This project does take a little bit of time but believe us…. Its worth it!
You will need an old pair of jean shorts, material, pin tacks, scissors, needle / thread and a measuring tape
1. Begin by digging out your old pair of jean shorts
2. Cut the legs of the shorts off – leaving only half the leg (make sure to the leave the pockets in tact as shown)
3. Now measurements are needed. Using a measuring tape, measure the material needed which should be a follows: the width of the material should be your waist size x 2. For the length – work out how long you wish the length of the finished garment to be and add to that 5 inches. Once done, cut out this material with scissors
4. Cut a slit in the material as shown
5. Now at the waist section of the material – using pin tacks – gather the material and pin together
6. Now attach this under the jean waist section by sewing it securely to the jean waist using a needle and thread
Enjoy your new closet addition for Spring / Summer 2014!