Go colorful this season with a cute pair of DIY Tie Die Shorts with the colors of your choice!
Our simple tutorial doesnt take long – enjoy!
What you’ll need:
White denim shorts, Dyes, Soda Ash, Bottles for dye, Gloves and a Trash Bag
TIP: If you dont have white denim shorts, you can bleach light blue ones until they are white!
1. Use a table surface and cover the area you’ll use with the trash bag to keep the dye from going anywhere unwanted! If the shorts are new pre-wash them.
Mix the solution of soda ash and water.
2. Soak your shorts in the mixture of water and soda ash. Let the shorts sit in the mixture for about twenty minutes, take them out and wring the excess water out.
3. Lay the shorts out on the trash bag to dry. Make sure they’re not folded over on themselves, so that the center front and center back of the shorts match up.
4. Start dyeing your shorts!
Start with your first color, begin squirting the dye onto wherever you want it. Once you’ve finished, begin adding the next color, and repeat the process.
5. Flip the shorts over. The dye should have gone through to the back of the shorts slightly so just add dye where necessary. Make sure you use the same colors in the same areas so the colors don’t mix together.
6. Let the dye soak in for around 6 hours
7. Using COLD water – rinse out the dye as much as you can (the water should run pretty much clear after rinsing)
8. Now wash them in the laundry (by themselves – no other items of clothing)
9. Dry as you normally would
10. Voila 🙂