Stretch-marks are an annoying phenomenon that may irritate us and make us feel uncomfortable as summer approaches and beach time arrives. They usually appear after rapid growth in puberty, pregnancy, or bodybuilding. Even though some of you may be very confident and will not let a few lines on their skin ruin their summer vacation, others are easily worried and embarrassed and will do anything to get rid of stretch-marks. Here are some things you can do to fight these nasty little lines on your body:[ads]
- For preventing or eliminating stretch-marks, eat foods that are rich in vitamins A, E, C, because they help forming collagen which is in the basis on your skin’s elasticity.
- As with every skin or hair issue, don’t forget to drink a lot of water, minimum of 1.5 liters a day.
3. Dub your skin with extra-virgin olive oil (the point is for it to be as pure as possible) about 30 minutes before you go into the shower on a daily basis. It is greasy, so will want to wash it off, but before that it is important to get absorbed into your skin to a large extent and its nutrients and antioxidants to do their jobs for reducing stretch marks.
4. Apply pure coconut oil to the area that disturbs you.
5. Last, but not least, here is a recipe for a home remedy with cocoa butter: Mix half a cup of cocoa butter, 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil, 1 tablespoon apricot kernel oil, 1 tablespoon liquid vitamin E and 2 tablespoons grated beeswax. Heat it until the beeswax melts. Put the mixture in a small jar or any shallow container with a lid and put it in the fridge. Massage the homemade lotion daily after bathing and at least 20 minutes before you put your clothes on.