To keep your wardrobe clean and tidy is extremely hard and it’s not for everyone. If you are one of those woman who constantly say they don’t have anything to wear and at the same time your closet is full of clothes, then this article is for you. The reason you “don’t have anything to wear” is that you closet is too messy and you don’t see all of your clothes.
Here are some easy steps which you can follow to make your wardrobe cleaner and tidier:
1. Choose your 8 favorite clothing pieces. The first thing you have to do is to choose your favorite clothes and to tidy them first. These are the pieces that look great on you and that you wear often.
2. Put your clothes on the ground. Or your bed, it doesn’t matter. The idea is to take them out of your wardrobe and see what you’ve got and what you want to keep and throw away. This way you can also color coordinate your clothes which will make it easier for you to dress up in the mornings and keep your wardrobe very tidy.
3. The models. Arrange your clothes by type and model. Keep the skinny jeans at one place and the shorts – at another. This will make it very easier to keep clean and choose clothing. Just arrange them in a way that will be the best for you are your preferences – if you don’t wear skirts a lot, place them somewhere high or at the bottom of the rack and keep what you wear more often – at the front.
4. Make a list. Make a list of what you have to buy to make your closet complete. Add a white shirt, a blazer, a little black dress and formal shoes to the closet. It’s best to make a list when going shopping because many times we buy clothes that we don’t want but are on clearance or just are trendy at the moment. When we have a list we buy only things that we need and will wear and not some clothes that will make your closet even messier!
5. Pair up some outfits. This is a very important tip for those of you who tend to sleep in and be late for everything. Pair up some outfits and put them on hangers so when you are late you can just take what’s on the hangers and be out the door. This will save you space, time and when you see how your clothes go together, you will know what pieces you have to buy and what you have to throw away because it doesn’t go with anything.
6. Choose the right bag. With the right bag you can easily spice up your clothes and make different combination for various occasions. You need at least 3 bags: a formal one, a casual one and one, that’s suitable for the nightclub. With bags in different colors and shades you can make every outfits more put together and unique.
7. Accessorize. Needless to say, accessories are a woman’s best friend! Like with the bags, accessories can change your whole outfit and bring a little something even to the plain white shirt. Buy some statement necklaces in different colors and combine them in a unique and fun way!
8. Take photos. That’s a very neat way to keep your clothes organized. Take photos of different outfits and clothes and leave them on your laptop or tape them on your closet’s door. This way you will know exactly how your clothes fit you and will easily try different clothing combos that will, again, save you the time to choose an outfit every morning.