We love cute food and this chevron cake roll is exactly what we mean. Look at it – you want it, it is sweet and tasty, simply melting in your mouth … mmm. Wait! You need to prepare it first, so let`s get back to work.
• 4 egg whites
• 4 egg yolks
• 70g fine sugar
• 10g sugar
• 6g vanilla sugar (or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract)
• 70g flour
• food color
• 1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate (chopped)
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 3/4 cup fresh strawberries (quartered)
You may also need a printed pattern to trace.
1. Pit the chevrons onto the cookie sheet.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Beat egg whites and fine sugar together.
3. Beat egg yolks, regular sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl. Fold the egg yolk mixture under the egg white mixture
4. Add flour and fold in. Take 1/3 of the dough and add some food colour
5. Using a piping bag, trace the pattern.
6.Bake it for 2 minutes, take it out and leave for 3 minutes to cool down. Then spread the rest of the dough over and bake for another 11 minutes.
7. Take the baking tray out, sprinkle with sugar and cover with parchment paper. Place a cutting board on top and then flip the tray over.
8. Remove the paper, and place a new piece onto the pattern side. Flip again.
9. Roll the cake as shown on the picture. Do this until the dough is still warm.
10. Let it cool down completely. Then prepare a filling of your choice – strawberries and cream sounds and cream good. Spread the filling and roll again. And the best part starts here. Bon apetit!