If you are taking your baby steps at the world of photography you will enjoy this post. Here are some advices and tips for seated portraits:
First of all you need to learn to connect with your models. You can get the best of them only if they trust you enough to be calm and confident. But this process is not as quick as you think. Be patient and the perfects snaps will come. Let the model have some independance on her/his own and you will see the great results soon.
There are many great positions for seated models. You can create many visions and moods out of seated model. You should pay attention to the details. For example:
- Get the models to tilt their head to one side – it creates better pose.
- Make them put their hands on thights for more sensuality.
- The side sitting pose shows off more of their legs and make them look longer.
- Place the chair at one side and let the model sit backwards on it – that creates a more dynamic body position.
- Make them stand on tip-toes – this little body change tights the muscles.
After all you should have fun and the pictures will be great.