I know that many of you have troubles in their sleep. Either you fall asleep harder or you wake up many times during the night, both ways, you wake up exhausted and with dark circles under your eyes.
In order to escape from this horror, you have to do something about your unhealthy sleep. See what happens to your body and mind when it doesn’t get enough sleep:
- You can get insomnia, which is one of the first symptoms of depression.
- Sleep is leading to better skin, and the other way around – lack of sleep ages your skin. If you want to meet your new friends, the wrinkles, sleep less than 8 hours per night.
- Lack of sleep will turn you into a dummy. If you are not well rested, you will start to forget things and your memory will be blurred, when you need it to be sharp, for instance, for your exam day.
- You will increase the chances of causing an accident. Studies have shown that the reactions of a sleepy man are just like the reaction time of a drunk person.
- Forget about the sexy moves. If you are too sleepy, you can play it dirty with your partner. Keep in mind that when the St. Valentine’s Day is around the corner.
- The chances of getting a lot of diseases are increased dramatically – heart disease, heart attack, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes.
- There is one more thing that will make you think about it really deep – the weight gaining. When the body is stressed, it gains weight. Your hunger and appetite are increased and you satisfy your body desires with a lot of unhealthy and fatty foods. Also, midnight snacks. Or the other problem – if you want to gain muscle mass, it won’t happen fast enough, because the muscles need rest, just like your brain need rest and charging for the adventures of the next day.
So, if you want to escape from all these body and mind damages, you have to learn how to fall asleep, because obviously, you spend too much time in the bed not sleeping. Here is the trick that I mentioned at the beginning, it is all about breathing. Take a look:
This breathing technique is called 4-7-8 technique. It relaxes the nervous system and helps you feel more comfortable, which leads to faster falling asleep. You can apply this technique also when you are finding yourself in a stressful situation. Here is what to do:
Place the tip of your tongue behind your front, top teeth. Hold the tongue right there through the whole exercise.
Exhale completely through the mouth by making a whoosh sound.
Then close the mouth and inhale through the nose, really quietly while you count to four, make the counting mentally.
Hold that breath while you count to seven, again in your mind, don’t make a single sound with your mouth.
And finally, exhale through the mouth again by making the whoosh sound while you count to 8.
All that is one rep, do it four times and you will feel instant relief and comfort.
Try it and share if it works for you. Have a nice dream!