Today we spend a lot of our time outside – walking, running errands, playing sports or just enjoying our spare time. All of these require a good pair of shoes and one shouldn’t underestimate the importance of a pair of good comfortable shoes that fits us well, as we may otherwise end up getting foot, knee, back or ankle pain. A shoe that doesn’t fit our foot well may also cause blisters and bring discomfort to our everyday life.
When choosing shoes one should always consider the following simple rules.
- Get shoes that fit you well, they should be flexible and easy to bend along with your foot, otherwise they may cause blisters and unease at your feet.
- Tend towards more natural materials – they make a shoe more breathable which is better for your feet.
- Make sure your toes don’t hit the front of the shoe as longer walking will cause serious pain in your feet. Make sure you don’t pick your shoes by the size that’s on their label but by the way they fit you in the store.
- When buying shoes make sure the ball of your foot has enough room within the body of the shoe and feels comfortable.
- If getting high heels make sure your body weight is distributed in a way that at least 80% of it falls to the shoe front, you will otherwise get strains in your muscles and tendons.
- Do not get shoes that are too tight on your feet hoping that they will loosen in time as this may end up causing strains and prevent your blood circulation. Buy shoes that are comfortable and fit you just right without flopping or creating extra pressure.
- No matter how comfortable, our shoes must also make us feel good about ourselves, so get shoes that lift your spirits and make you smile!