It’s not very nice of me to tempt you with this article but I just can’t stop myself. It’s all about the pizza! If you want to make the traditional Italian pizza you should follow some rules in order to make it perfectly delicious homemade pizza:
- Roll out the dough really thin. That’s the way to make it just like the italian one.
- Don’t use yellow cheese, use mozzarella instead.
- Don’t use shop-bought jar of sauce, make it on your own.
- For the topping use 3 to 5 ingredients, tops. Choose basil leaves, some sausage from the italian delis, olive oil etc. Bet on the fresh and simple products.
- Turn your oven into furnace. You can do it by placing a baking stone on the 2nd lowest rack position in your oven and preheat it at 475F for an hour. That trick will make your pizza’s bottom crisp.
(for 4 pizzas, each – 12 inches in diameter)
- 600 mL of warm water
- 7 cups (1kg) flour, type “00” (or all-purpose)
- 2.25 teaspoons (25 grams) yeast
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar