Hair removal is one of the top beauty procedures that we need to include in our routine. However, it is not such an easy task as some people believe. Not only may your skin get irritated and dried out, but also ingrown hairs might appear, so your hair removal seems not so efficient. Usually when you use an epilator or you wax, hairs do not go through the skin and you need to pick them and take them out with tweezers… But it is a hard an annoying job.
Here are a few tips on how to reduce or even eliminate ingrown hair once and for all:
- Exfoliate! Get a nice-smelling scrub and enjoy it 1-2 times a week. One of the causes for ingrown hair are dead skin cells clogging hair folicules, so simply need to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Hot Compress. Hot compresses can bring the embedded hair closer to the surfaces by softening the skin. If you press a hot washcloth to the ingrown hair for a few minutes, the hair might start coming up to the surface. When it does, remove it with clean tweezers.
- Acne Medication. Sometimes ingrown hairs resemble pimples, so acne medication can alleviate the problem. It can let the hair grow out since it gives it more room.
- Aspirin. Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is an excellent exfoliator for the skin and is sometimes contained in acne medication. If you crush a few tablets, mix them with oil and apply the mix to the ingrown hair for a few minutes, the treatment will make the hair easier to remove.
- Egg Membrane. This is maybe the weirdest remedy on this list. You can use ot to remove ingrown hairs if you remove the membrane from the eggshell, cover the problem area with it and leave it to dry. Then you need to gently pull it off and the ingrown hair should come out with it!
Last but not least, remember to moisturize your skin on a daily basis since ingrown hairs most often appear on dry skin which is difficult to go through!